Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pulled Pork

Pulled Pork

Need a hefty sized Pork Shoulder, (don`t know why some call it Pork Butt)

· First I rub in some Vinegar, at times I use Malt, or Apple, or Balsamic. Today I`ll use Balsamic

· Then I`ll apply my Special Dry Rub, and let it sit for a bit

· In the meantime I prep my smoker using Apple wood in the tinder box

· And manage the heat to sit around 250 – 275 so that I can get a great smoke going

· In she goes until my Thermometer reads a little plus 80, as you can see there`s a decent “bark” on it. This will take up to 6-8 hours depending on the Pork`s weight



· Then out she comes to rest for about 10 minutes

· I`ll shred it by hand

· Then I’ll add a Special Sauce I’ve created, and she`s ready to go

Could be served in a bun along with Cole Slaw, or on a Nann, which is also quite tasty ;o))

No comments:

Post a Comment