Thursday, October 6, 2011

Frank`s Thanksgiving Menu


Frank`s Thanksgiving Menu

Haven`t Done a Blog in Quite Some Time, So I Thought Doing This Would be an Appropriate Re-Start ;o))

Turkey

·         I`m going to do something different this year!

·         First off I won`t be stuffing it, ( which is something I’ve always done)

·         But I will insert between the skin & breast my Herbed Butter, with Smoke Essence recipe

·         What I’ll also do different is lightly rub down the body with a little Balsamic vinegar

·         Following with a bit of Veg oil & my Special Dry rub, both inside & out

·         Another thing I`ll do different is that I plan to Slo Cook the Bird in my Smoker for a few hours, then finish it in the stove

Stuffing

·         This will be different as well, I’ll be baking it

·         My Ingredients include a Bread / Panko crumb mix that has Parm Cheese, Chopped Sweet Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme…( with apologies to Simon & Garfunkel..Lol! )

·         I`ll sauté some Diced Onion, Celery, & Shredded Carrot

·         Then I’ll throw in some ground Turkey & Finely Diced Kabanassy

·         Dump it all into a bowl, & add some Chicken Broth & Cream to give it the right consistency

·         Then I’ll bake it



Kabanassy (Kielbasa)

·         This I’ll put in my Smoker for a few hours, & then when ready I’ll slice it up on an angle



Cauliflower

·         Simple…chop it up, & boil it

·         I have a special Cheese Sauce I put over it when it`s cooked



Spinach & Bok Choy

·         Here I’ll chop both up & sauté in a pan that has melted butter & onions already going

·         I`ll then add Garlic, Salt & Pepper, to taste

·         Then finish it off with a few dashes of Parm Cheese

·         ( if the Turkey doesn`t clean you out…this will..LOL !! )



Mashed Potatoes

·         Only Yukon Gold work here! Peeled & Boiled

·         Then I`ll put them through my Ricer & into my Mixing Bowl

·         Toss in some Butter, Pepper, Cream, Parm Cheese, & start mixing

·         I`ll only add salt to taste



Pumpkin Pies, Whipped Cream, Bread, & Beverages are being provided by our Guests ;o))



I`m going to try and have a “Play by Play” available via You-Tube this year ;o))

No comments:

Post a Comment