Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Bear`s Special Spice Rub ;o))


THE BEAR`S
SPECIAL SPICE RUB
;o)))))))


Believe me when I state this, but I’ve worked on the chemistry of this Rub for a couple of years! Now, I’ve got it down to where it`s quite versatile. Meaning, I can use it as a full on rub, like on the Pork Shoulder you see in the background of the picture, or as an add-in to enhance the flavours of dishes, yet not be overwhelming. In the case of Thanksgiving I`ll use it on the Turkey, in the Stuffing, and a bit in the Mashed Potatoes.

Now, I’ll tell you what it is composed of, (of course leaving out 3 secret ingredients).......

· Dry Mustard - 1/4 cup

· Dry Ginger - 1/4 cup

· Cayenne Pepper- 1/3 cup

· Kosher Salt - 1 cup

· Dry Ground Basil - 1/2 cup

· Dry Ground Oregano ( Greek ) - 1/2 cup

· Garlic Powder - 1 cup

· Onion Powder - 1 cup

· Cumin - 1/2 cup

· Ground Chipotle ( homemade ) - 1/2 cup

· Paprika - 1/2 cup

· Ground Black Pepper - 1/2 cup

·       Brown Sugar - 1 cup

·       Ground All Spice – ¼ cup

No comments:

Post a Comment